In this episode I wanted to get the perspective of a business coach. I met the sales accelerator and business coach Alessia Vonau at a conference for freelance translators in Budapest in May. She has vast experience from the the translation and interpreting business. At the conference she presented on 10 keys to business development for freelancers and solo entrepreneurs, with a special focus on translators and she is sharing the 10 keys here.
In this episode we discuss the following:
- How to focus on being cheerful in all communication with clients
- How to find the right decision maker when it comes to purchasing translation services
- How to prepare your call or meeting
- What questions to ask the translation buyer
- Keeping a certain amount of curiosity with the client until you close the deal
- Using pictures to your advantage in your sales material
- Constant follow up
- Keeping your and the client’s excitement until you close the deal
Useful links related to this episode:
- Alessia’s website and blog about sales efficacy (in French)
- Alessia’s coaching and training website (in English, French, Italian and Spanish)
Thank you for listening! Please share if you liked this episode! Have a wonderful week!
Alessia Vonau is a sales accelerator who shares her talent with solo entrepreneurs and small business owners who wish to develop their business. After obtaining a PhD in cognitive psychology in 1997, she demonstrated her value as a trainer, sales representative and sales director in a training company. In 2005 she founded DILÉAL, a sales training and coaching centre and a translation agency, where her experience and passion serves as the building blocks to enable others find their success in sales and other empowering courses. Her clients tell that she is a demanding and enthusiastic person with a contagiously good sense of humour. Since 2008 she has also given conferences and on-line workshops focused on sales development. In 2010 she decided to provide even more for her clients by investing in training and sales coaching with top American coaches.
This podcast is a labor of love and brought to you free of charge. If you enjoy this series and would like to show your support, please consider making a small donation to ensure I can keep offering you great content in the future.