As freelance translators we market our business to other businesses, we are using business to business marketing or B2B. In this episode I am interviewing Sara Colombo, a freelance translator who also has a marketing background like me. We are discussing tips for marketing to other businesses, but also how to use content marketing when marketing your freelance translation and interpretation services.
In this episode we discuss the following:
- What B2B marketing is and how it can be used by freelance translators and interpreters
- Lead generation strategies
- Market research tips
- Tips for B2B marketing and common mistakes
- What content marketing is and how we can use it
- If we need a content marketing strategy and what it can look like
Useful links mentioned in this episode:
- Sara Colombo Translations
- Balance Your Words. Stepping in the translation industry
- 10 simple B2B content marketing tips
- Content Marketing Institute
- 5 ways to generate B2B leads using content marketing
- Lead generation
- 10 Simple B2B Content Marketing Tips for Complex Solutions
- Leafleting in your area
I could have discussed much more with Sara about marketing and market research. Do you have any questions unanswered after this interview? Please share below or send me an email. Thanks for listening and sharing. Have a great day!
Sara Colombo is a qualified freelance translator and interpreter (English – French – Italian) with more than 6 years of experience within the marketing, health and IT fields. She runs Balance Your Words, a blog on marketing with a distinct fun and healthy twist that in 2013 became a popular book. A ProZ.com professional trainer (marketing and social media for freelance translators), consultant and speaker, she is a TESOL certified teacher. Together with InTouch Translations, Sara is the creator of the Brussels Tweet Up (Twitter: #BxlTweetUp) and of the Brussels Tweet Up LAB (Twitter: #BxlTweetUpLab and Facebook), the first international lab for translation students and young translators willing to experiment with fresh ideas and reconnect with the industry in a new way. Fitness instructor and yoga addict, to more about her or connect with her community, simply join the conversation on Twitter using #healthyfreelancer or #tardudanseurs. Oh, and find her on LinkedIn, too!
This podcast is a labor of love and brought to you free of charge. If you enjoy this series and would like to show your support, please consider making a small donation to ensure I can keep offering you great content in the future.