Welcome to episode 126 of Marketing Tips for Translators, the podcast where you’ll learn marketing and business tips from other translators and experts. This is the last episode of Ask Me Anything, where I answer your questions. Today I will be looking at whether physical proximity to clients matters when marketing, how to find good continuing education courses, and how to improve negotiation skills.
Important things covered in this episode:
- Physical proximity to clients, and local networking
- What to do when you don’t live near your prospective clients
- Online marketing/networking using website/LinkedIn/Twitter
- Meeting clients when travelling or attending conferences
- Where to find CPD courses and webinars for experienced translators
- Improving negotiation skills
- Areas for negotiation
- Establishing your lowest acceptable rate
- Walking away
Useful links mentioned in this episode:
- How to market your translation services locally – Interview with Judy Jenner: marketingtipsfortranslators.com/market-translation-services-locally
- The Complete Marketing Course for Translators: translatormarketingcourses.com/product/the-complete-marketing-course-translators
- Beyond the Basics of Freelancing: thoughtsontranslation.com/product/beyond-the-basics-of-freelancing
- Q&A from Pricing Strategies Webinar: marketingtipsfortranslators.com/questions-and-answers-from-pricing-strategies-webinar
- Tips on pricing strategies, negotiation and raising prices for translators: marketingtipsfortranslators.com/episode-30
I hope you found some useful tips in today’s episode. If so, please share it with your network (they might thank you for it)! Remember to check out the other resources in the links and on the Marketing Tips for Translators site. Have a great day, and I will see you in the next episode!
A special thanks to Catherine Metcalfe for editing the show notes.
The online platform connecting global business and the language industry. On multilingual.com you will find anything you need to know about industry related events, news, development and opportunities