I have received many questions on how to manage our time as a freelancer. It is a hot topic for all small businesses and entrepreneurs. We freelancers need to make sure we are organized and efficient in order to get things done. We do not have a boss that makes sure we are staying on track. In this episode I interview a dear friend and colleague. She has taken a course in the “Getting Things Done Methodology” and here, she is sharing how we can apply it to our freelance translation business.
Important things covered in this episode:
- Difference between GTD and other productivity methods.
- How we can use the GTD method for our freelance businesses.
- Steps in the GTD method.
- Tools to use for getting things done
Important links mentioned in this episode:
- Asana – asana.com
- Wunderlist – https://www.wunderlist.com/
- ToDoIst – https://todoist.com/
- GTD – http://gettingthingsdone.com/
- Gabi Nagy’s Facebook Page – https://www.facebook.com/chainbridgetranslations
- Episode 034: Simple time management tips for translators – Interview with David Rumsey
- Episode 035: Work less and do more – Interview with “Get it done guy” Stever Robbins
I was not aware that there is a special scientific method for getting things done. We freelancers and solo-entrepreneurs are always eager to become more efficient and productive. I have previously talked about productivity and work life balance in episode 35 – Work less and do more with Stever Robbins, and in episode 34 – Simple time management tips with David Rumsey. Did you enjoy our today’s episode, or do you have any tips for getting things done? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
memoQ is a translation tool used by tens of thousands of freelance translators, translation companies and enterprises worldwide.
Argos Multilingual is a global language solutions provider with experience servicing clients in the life sciences, industrial manufacturing and software/hardware industries. We have based our translation services on the “Quality at Source” concept with a focus on building partnerships and providing translation management solutions. In addition, we offer certified translation services, as we are ISO 9001, ISO 17100, EN ISO 13485 and ISO 27001 certified.