There has been a lot of talk lately about the threat of Google Translate or machine translation, and the downward price pressure in the industry. Many translators feel threatened, and we need to look at the industry with strategic business oriented eyes. In this episode, we discuss how to create a sustainable, fair trade, translation business.
Important things covered in this episode:
- The current misconceptions in the freelance translation industry
- How to apply a fair trade approach to our business
- How to be fair to our clients, other translators and ourselves and run a profitable business
Useful links mentioned in this episode:
- Interlex : www.interlex.eu
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Workflow System (to check out if you’re interested in it): www.wordteam.eu
These tips goes for every business that wants to become successful and sustainable, treating ourselves, our colleagues and clients well, and with fairness. Do you agree with this discussion? Are you treating yourselves, your colleagues and clients fairly and focusing on a sustainable business? Share your thoughts with us in the comments. You can also share this episode on your favorite social media tool below.
The online platform connecting global business and the language industry. On multilingual.com you will find anything you need to know about industry related events, news, development and opportunities.
Collaborative translation platform for companies and freelancers. See what true collaboration looks like here.