Part of the joy of being a freelancer is being able to choose who we work with. But making the decision ourselves is not always so easy. Is it better to head straight for direct clients? Or are there more benefits to working for translation agencies? In this episode we are discussing the pros and cons of both options.
Important things covered in this episode:
- Main advantages for working with direct clients
- Drawbacks for working with direct clients
- Advantages and drawbacks for working with agencies
- Recommendation about direct clients or agencies
Important links mentioned in this episode:
- Is It Better to Working with Agencies or Direct Clients?
- Boutique Translation Agencies: The New Generation of Translation Solutions
- The Ultimate Guide to Becoming a Successful Freelance Translator eBook. Apply code “podcast” to get this book a 50% discount.
We have shared a lot of great insights in this episode. It is also a personal choice whether a translator wants to work with direct clients or agencies. I know many translators who prefer to work with direct clients. But there are also many translators who doesn’t want to deal with direct clients, and are happy working for agencies only. Personally, I prefer a mix, some direct clients and some agencies. What do you listeners think? What do you prefer? Share us your thoughts in the comment section below.
memoQ is a translation tool used by tens of thousands of freelance translators, translation companies and enterprises worldwide.
Download the free 45-day trial version of memoQ translator pro from www.memoq.com, and take advantage of the special promotion memoQ offers for listeners of the Marketing Tips for Translators podcast: save 20% on memoQ translator pro. Go to the show notes of this episode to get the discount code for August.
Discount Code: CAM-MTFT20_0911