The purpose of the website Marketing Tips for Translators is to create a hub where freelance translators can go to find tips on how to market their translation services and achieve a successful career and lifestyle. If you would like to share what works for you, I would be delighted to share it as a guest post, or interview you for a podcast episode.
Topics of interest for the blog and podcast:
- Marketing, online and offline
- Social media
- Freelancing and freelance tips
Guidelines for blog posts
- The post should be at least 500 words (exceptions can be discussed, e.g. a post with an infographic and a short description).
- The content must be original (it shouldn’t have been posted anywhere online before).
- Any images you want to be included in your guest post must be sent as attachments. Make sure you have the right to publish an image and include the appropriate credits in the post.
- The post should be fully spell-checked and edited.
- Provide a short author bio (including a picture if you want) that will appear below the post. You can include links to your website and social media.
- You can include links to resources in your post, but please do not include any affiliate links.
- You’ll need to be available to reply to any comments that might be posted in the few weeks after your post is published.
- You agree that your guest post will be shared on social media
Guidelines for podcast interview
The interview would be conducted and recorded through Skype and the recording would be about 30 minutes, with some extra time before and after the recording for chit-chatting and setting up the recording. You suggest a topic and I can prepare sample questions for you in advance. Feel free to share resources you have in the interview, such as websites, books, consulting services etc. I post a new episode every other week and will let you know when the episode is posted. After initial contact and vetting, we agree on a time to meet on Skype.
If this sounds good to you, please email your guest post or suggested interview topic here. I look forward to reading and sharing your post or interviewing you.