You’ve probably heard it said before, but it is so important to define or create a niche for our freelance businesses. Not only does it improve the quality of our work as we become more knowledgeable and specialized in a certain topic, but it also makes it much easier for us to find and market to our ideal clients. I am very happy to welcome Christelle Maignan to the podcast to discuss the subject. Christelle is an English-French translator and translator coach.
Important things covered in this episode:
- What is a niche, and why have one?
- How to choose a niche
- How narrow should it be?
- How to determine if a niche is viable
- How to target our niche in our marketing
Useful links mentioned in this episode:
- Coaching For Translators blog
- Coaching For Translators Facebook page
- Episode 5 – Marketing for very specialized translators
- Episode 106 – About specialization – when and how
- Six tips for choosing a specialization
It was a pleasure having Christelle here again to share her insights and tips. It gets so much easier to find direct clients when we can target a small niche and hone our message accordingly. Narrowing things down also makes it easier to find the right people to contact. Do you feel like you have a narrow or a broad niche? Could you make it more specific? Share your thoughts with us in the comments. Thanks for listening, and have a successful marketing week!
A special thanks to Catherine Metcalfe for editing the show notes.