I had the pleasure of being interviewed on “Speaking of Translation”, another great podcast for freelance translators, hosted by Corinne McKay and Eve Bodeux. The interview was held in conjunction with the release of my new book “Marketing Tips for Translators – The Ultimate Guide of Business Tips from the Podcast”, where I have compiled the best marketing tips for freelance translators from the first 100 episodes of the podcast. Corinne and Eve asked me the most common questions we get about marketing for freelance translators.
Important things covered in this episode:
- Crucial first steps for beginning translators
- How to find better clients, as opposed to more clients
- Pitfalls and best practices for developing your online presence
- Top tips for finding direct clients
Useful links mentioned in this episode:
- The book: Marketing Tips for Translator – The Ultimate Collection of Business Tips from the Podcast
- Payment Practices, the translation agency rating database
- Translation Office 3000, accounting and administrative software
- Get Clients Now!, CJ Hayden’s website, book and courses for freelancers looking to work with direct clients
It is always fun to chat with Corinne and Eve and share useful tips. You hopefully have an actionable tips to start doing right away after listening. One thing you can do right now is to share this episode with a colleague that you think will find it useful. Thanks for listening and sharing!
This podcast is a labor of love and brought to you free of charge. If you enjoy this series and would like to show your support, please consider making a small donation to ensure I can keep offering you great content in the future.