As freelance translators, we always have a lot to do and the likelihood to put things off until later is big. Some things are more likely to get postponed than others. These same things are often harder to do, such as marketing, or bigger business projects. In this episode, we talk about the 9 tips that can help you “eat that frog” or stop procrastinating important business tasks until later. These tips are based on the book “Eat That Frog” by Brian Tracy.
Important things covered in this episode:
- Reasons for procrastinating and what to do about it
- Practical steps to tackle the hard business tasks and move forward in your business.
Useful links mentioned in this episode:
- Episode 141: Creating a Practical Step-by-Step Marketing Plan for your Situation
- Quick Start Guide: 8 Steps to a Marketing Plan for Freelance Translators
- How to Make Money Fast: The 80/20 Principle for Freelance Translators
- “Eat That Frog” by Brian Tracy
The key to happiness, satisfaction and a wonderful feeling of personal power and effectiveness, is to develop the habit of eating your frog first thing every day when you start work. Fortunately, this is a learnable skill that you can get through repetition. And when you develop the habit of starting on your most important task before anything else, your success will come.
Wordfinder – the Words you want, anytime, anywhere. Find the right terminology faster and easier with WordFinder, on your computer, via a web browser, smartphone or tablet. Get access to over 120 dictionaries in 15 languages and many different subject areas. Try it free for 30 days at WordFinder.com.