I recently heard from many of you about how difficult it is the sustain the right mindset when it comes to being a freelance translator. We all know how easy it is to fall into the wrong mindset when building your freelance translation business. In this episode, I am going to discuss the essentials for a success mindset when it comes to freelance translating. With me today is Christelle Maignan, a translator coach and French-English translator.
Key points mentioned in this episode:
- The differences of being a freelancer compared to an employee
- The right mindset we should have as freelancer translators
- How to cultivate a success mindset
- Possible limiting beliefs we could have and how we can change them
- Actions you can take when creating a success mindset for your freelance translation business
- Marketing strategies Christelle uses for her business
Important links and URL’s to take away:
- Coaching for Translators
- Future-Proof Translators
- e-Myth Revisited – by Michael Gerber (free pdf-summary)
- Seth Godin’s Freelancer Cource
Having the right success mindset for your freelance translation business provides endless opportunities for building your business along with obtaining and retaining the right clients.
Christelle Maignan (@Coach4Tran) has been freelancing as an English-to-French translator since 2004. She is a member of the Institute of Translation & Interpreting (ITI) and of the International Coach Federation (ICF). As a trained and qualified coach, Christelle founded Coaching For Translators to help translators and interpreters reach their goals faster and more efficiently. She also developed the Future-Proof Translator webinar series, which she will be presenting in December via eCPD Webinars, to help translators adapt more effectively and with more confidence to the changes our industry is currently undergoing.
This episode is sponsored by eCPD Webinars – quality continuing education for translators by translators. For more information, please go to www.ecpdwebinars.com.