In this episode we’ll be talking about app translation, mobile translation and localization, which are set to become even bigger in our industry in the future. If you’ve never worked with localization before then you will learn a great deal from today’s podcast, and if you have, hopefully you will hear some interesting new facts and tips. I’m happy to welcome Dorota Pawlak to the show. Dorota is a translator and localizer from Poland, and is trained not only in translation, but also in multilingual localization.
Important things covered in this episode:
- A growing demand for the localization of mobile products – challenges and opportunities
- The differences between document and app translation
- How to become a great app translator
- Do you need a technical or programming background?
Useful links mentioned in this episode:
- Dorota’s websites: dorotapawlak.eu and polishlocalisation.com
- Dorota’s course on website localization
- Free tutorials on programming languages:
- Building mobile apps: YouTube
- Processing XML files in memoQ and Trados Studio:
My thanks to Dorota for sharing her knowledge on the subject. Thank you also to all the listeners who have taken the time to tune in. If you have another minute, I would be really grateful if you could leave me a comment telling me how you listened to the podcast today (e.g. website/phone/podcast app). See you all next time!
Dorota Pawlak is a translator and localizer, and owner of DP Translation Services and Polish Localisation. She runs online courses on website localization, writes for her blog “Beyond the Words” and enjoys sharing her experience as a speaker at industry events. Dorota holds an MA in Translation and an MSc in Multilingual Computing and Localization. You can get in touch with her on Twitter or LinkedIn.
A special thanks to Catherine Metcalfe for editing the show notes.
This podcast is a labor of love and brought to you free of charge. If you enjoy this series and would like to show your support, please consider making a small donation to ensure I can keep offering you great content in the future.