You might already know that I am a big proponent of collaborating with your “competitors” instead of competing. In this episode, we talked about the benefits of collaborating with other translators. We also share different ways of collaborating, from very independently, to almost a joint-venture.
Important things covered in this episode:
- Creating a joint collaboration venture.
- Benefits of collaborating with a fellow translator.
- Fears and doubts that freelance translators have about cooperation.
- Things you should look for in a cooperation partner.
Important links mentioned in this episode:
- Top Tips for Cooperation Between Translators
- Trend Translations
- Trend Translations on Facebook
- Standing Up Revision Club
It is so true that cooperation is more powerful than competition. I also work with a small team of trusted Swedish translator. We translate or proofread each other’s text to provide the complete package to clients, plus cover for each other when on vacation. How about you? Do you also collaborate with your colleagues? If so, how and when? Share them in the comments section below. Paula and I would love to discuss different ways of collaborating.
The online platform connecting global business and the language industry. On multilingual.com you will find anything you need to know about industry related events, news, development and opportunities