This is the second episode in the solo-episode series on how to get unstuck in your business. They are inspired by the book How to Get Unstuck – 25 Ways to Get your Business Growing Again, by Barry J. Moltz. In this episode, I am talking about how we let daily emergencies get in the way of moving our business forward, and what we can do about it. I am also talking about how important it is to take breaks. If you are always available, your productivity and quality decreases. I give you tips on what you can do to set boundaries and take brakes.
Important things covered in this episode:
- How to avoid letting little emergencies get in our way
- How to stop multitasking
- Done is better than perfect
- How to stop being available 24/7
- Taking a break from technology
- Building other competitive advantages than availability
Links mentioned in this episode and further resources:
- Episode 99: Outsourcing for translators – Joint Podcast with Corinne McKay and Eve Bodeux
- Episode 60: Work-life Balance, Working Efficiently and Preparing for Time Off
- Episode 43: Productivity for Translators – Interview with Konstantin Kisin
- Episode 133: Using the Getting Things Done Method – Productivity – Interview with Gabi Nagy
I hope you found some valuable things to get unstuck, and not always working in your business, instead of working on it. Remember to take little steps every day to move your business forward.
Try not to always be available or let emails or little things dictate your day. Take breaks to recharge your batteries. You deserve it! Here’s to your successful freelance business!