Happy New Year! I hope your new year has started well for you and that you are ready to develop and grow your business. In this episode I introduce the five most downloaded episodes in 2017. It is always interesting to see which ones you have listened most to. I have noticed that this not only depends on the topic, but also the interviewee, how much the interviewee has shared the episode and what time of the year the episode was published.
Summary of things covered in this episode:
- How to choose a niche for your translation business
- How to find better, and not only more clients
- Best practices for online presence
- How to create a sustainable freelance business
- How to move from isolated to networked translator
- How to get unstuck in your translation business
Important links for this episode:
- Episode 127 How to Choose a Niche for Your Translation Business – Interview with Christelle Maignan
- Episode 131: Solving Common Marketing Problems – Interview by Corinne McKay and Eve Bodeux
- Episode 135: How to Create a Sustainable Way of Working as a Freelance Translator – Interview with Nigel Saych
- Episode 136: Moving from Isolated Freelancer to Networked Translator – Interview with Joy Phillips
- Episode 145: How to Get Unstuck – Daily Tips to Move Your Freelance Business Forward
- Marketing Tips for Translators: The Ultimate Collection of Business Tips from the Podcast
Go check these episodes out if you missed them. Perhaps they are what will move your business forward this year. I would also love to hear from you about topics you think I should bring up this year in the podcast. What is missing? Finally, take a moment to share this episode with a colleague. Together we can make sure this year will become as successful as possible. We do have the best careers ever, don’t you think?
January is my fundraising month. What does this mean? It means that you have the opportunity to show your support for Marketing Tips for Translators. I love doing these podcast interviews and bringing you these episodes. But it is a work of love. In order to keep bringing you great content, I would like to be able to cover the costs. They are: monthly fee for sound hosting, monthly fee for website hosting, domain name, recording software, website design and update, plus time. If you feel that you have benefited from these podcast episodes, please consider giving a small donation (suggestion is $5). Thank you so much for your support!